Friday, July 24, 2009

Our Shield


...take up the
shield of faith,
with which you can
extinguish all the
flaming arrows of
the evil one.
Ephesians 6:16






How glad I am, Lord, that the complete armor
You've give us includes the shield of faith--
a massive shield that prevents damage from
the flaming arrows Satan uses to attack our
faith and our walk with You.

Thank You, Lord, that faith comes through
feeding on--and counting on--Your Word.
Thank You for Your grace in which I can
stand and for all You have provided for me.

Thank You for Your promise that You will be
with me and that You will hide me in the
shelter of Your presence. So, by faith I
choose today to dwell in You--to trust in
Your all-protective presence which evil
powers cannot pierce. Build a wall around
my life, a strong defense grounded on truth
after truth which I choose to believe. Work
deeply in me so that I'll constantly count on
the promises You've given, looking to You to
work in me, for me and through me.

Amen.

~Ruth Meyers~
from: 31 Days of Power

No comments:

Post a Comment