Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chosen











You and I were created in response to the loving plan of God.

Psalm 139:14-16 "I praise you because You made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What You have done is wonderful. I know this very well. You saw my bones being formed as I took shape in my mother's body. When I was put together there, You saw my body as it was formed. All the days planned for me were written in Your book before I was one day old" (NCV).

We were created in love ... for love. God Himself supervised our formation. We were created for a special purpose and with a unique plan for our lives. In other words, we were created by God for God!

Psalm 100:3 "Know that the LORD is God. He made us, and we belong to Him; we are His people, the sheep He tends" (NCV).

He created us and chose us. And He has a special plan for each of us.

Jeremiah 29:11 "I know what I am planning for you," says the LORD. "I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future" (NCV).

The best plan for our lives rests solely in the hands of the One who created us. God is our creator. When our lives are broken, He can heal them. When the plan falls apart, He can fix it. We are wanted, loved and cherished by God. We belong to Him. We are chosen.

Let's Pray
Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for the plan You have for my life. I want to follow You and obey you each day - for Your glory, Lord. I want others to examine my life and know that the only possible explanation is You. When I am in trouble, remind me to turn to You first for the answers I need. Help me to walk in the Light, to doubt my doubts and to celebrate the fact that because I am chosen ... I am blessed. I love You, Father.

In Jesus' name,
Amen.

~Mary Southerland~
from: http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/women/girlfriends/

No comments:

Post a Comment