Friday, August 14, 2009

Choose


Shall we accept
good from God
and not accept
adversity?

Job 2:10




It's easy to want our lives to be all beauty
and no cost, all gain and no loss. If our
Father did not pamper His beloved Son, should
we expect Him to pamper us? Jesus Himself
assures us in John 16:33, "In this world you
will have trouble [pressures, trials, tribu-
lations,hardships, sorrows]. But take heart!
I have overcome the world".
We can choose to
take heart, to cheer up, and therefore to
experience His peace in the midst of pressures
and costly trials. This can motivate us to
open our arms wide and receive what God gives
us to do, along with His sufficiency to accom-
plish it.

~Ruth Myers~
from: The Satisfied Heart

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these everyday. I look forward to the daily inspiration, and it is often just what I need to hear. Love ya! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with Mimi. I love reading your posts. Great way to start off my day. I've been behind these past two weeks. I've let the busyness of life get in the way... and it has stressed me out. So this morning I am spending time seeking Him... knowing my day will run much smoother if I let Him have control. Love you.

    ReplyDelete