Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Serenity


SERENITY PRAYER


God, grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things that I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.


Living one day at a time,

enjoying one moment at a time;

accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;

taking, as Jesus did,

this sinful world as it is,

not as I would have it;


Trusting that You will make all things

right if I surrender to Your will;

so that I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.


~Reinhold Niebuhr~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susie, I saw your comment at Laurie's. I hope you don't mind, I popped over to say hi. I love this prayer, I think it is one I try to live my life by.

    Glad to meet you through your blog, I hope you enjoy it. I will come by to see you again.

    ReplyDelete