Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fear


How prone to doubt and fear we are when
we fail to count on God. At such times,
our worries and problems loom like mountains
before us--too high and too steep for us to
surmount. And indeed they are "too much" for
us without His aid. There is a modern self-
sufficiency that sneers at the idea of our
needing help from God. And yet, it is the
glory of man to recognize God as his Creator,
Redeemer, Sustainer and Lord.

~P. R. Lindland~

There is no fear in love;
but perfect love casts out fear.

1 John 4:18

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susie,

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I have just read your posts here and these scriptures and messages have been such a part of my life. Fear is something I have been so familiar with in my lifetime. Getting better but still working on it when it pops back up. On 12/30/08, I posted about my life if you care to read about me. I am adding you to my list of favorites. Hope to see you again.

    Love and Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete